Системный пейджер
Выбор темы
   Наконец-то жюри подвело окончательные итоги, конкурс официально завершен. Замечания и пожелания прошу сюда.

Всем удачи, поздравления призерам и победителям и до новых встреч.

   Смотреть победителей здесь.
опубликовано 2017-08-22
другие работы автора  |  обсуждение  
Scammell Pioneer SV2S Heavy Recovery Tractor
IBG 1:35
Roland Sorgner
aka major
 просмотр фото в отдельном окне
 просмотр фото в режиме "lightbox"
... captured from the Brit's at Tobruk and used by Rommel's Afrikakorps
   Designed as a 6x4 off-road vehicle for use in Britain's colonies where sealed roads were scarce, the Pioneer was first produced in 1927. Though lacking all-wheel drive, its combination of a suspension with great travel, excellent traction, and a low-revving engine gave it impressive pulling power on rough ground at low speeds. From 1936, the British Army began to receive Pioneer heavy recovery vehicles. The first 43 delivered were designated the Pioneer SV1S and the Pioneer SV1T both with a 3-ton folding crane and lockers for recovery equipment and towing bars. Most of these early Pioneer recovery vehicles were lost with the BEF. The Pioneer SV2S had a simpler redesigned extending crane that provided greater lifting height. It was Introduced in 1938 and remained in production throughout the war, with a total of 1,975 were built by war's end. Among the Pioneer's equipment was a pair of tracks that could be fitted over the two rear wheels, converting it temporarily into a half-track and giving greater traction on soft ground. The germans captured many of them at Dunkirk and used them with great success in the mud of the eastern front. They captured also a few in greece and much more in the north african desert where they do their work both by the british 8th Army an with Rommels Afrikakorps
   The last Pioneer recovery vehicle was not retired from the British Army until the 1980s in Belize
   This kit have got many bugs and with the help and inspiration of Alexander Pedan (Alex, thanks for your assitance) I found them out and could fix a lot of that bloody bugs. Colours I've used my beloved old Humbrol Emanels, Revell acrylics ... In addition I've used what I've found in my scrabbox, parts of a tube of mustard, clear plastic from a new shirt, some wire and a few bits and pieces from RB and Italeri. The Africa Palm comes from old stock, believing from an jurassic Tamiya 8,8 cm Flak ... :-)
   Many thanks for looking